Impact of Digitalization on Zakat Receipt

Adeh Ratna Komala

ICOBEST 2022 - Empowering World Optimism and Revitalization Through Scientific Framework - ISBN


This study aims to analyze the impact of digitalization on zakat receipts in zakat management organizations in Bandung. This is done considering the potential for zakat in Indonesia which reaches Rp. 233.8 trillion, while the distribution is only 83.7%, which ideally is around 87.5% as of November 2019. The method used is a survey method using a questionnaire via google form to approximately 36 respondents at the OPZ Dompet Dhuafa West Java, Salman Amal House Bandung, Baitul Maal Hidayatullah West Java, Rumah Zakat Indonesia, BAZNAS and several mosques. The data analysis was carried out through descriptive and verification analysis. The results show that the level of closeness (correlation coefficient) between digitalization and zakat receipts is 0.694, while R square (R2) is 0.482 which indicates that zakat receipts can be influenced by ZIS digitalization of 48.2%, while the remaining 51.8% is influenced by variables others not investigated. This is certainly an opportunity for further research to examine other variables that can increase zakat receipts.

Article PDF